Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Ombre...

Hello everyone!!  I hope everyone had a great Sunday!  I did!  The family and I actually got up and went to Sunday school this morning.  I did not get up to prep lunch though so we ended up going to eat at Golden Corral.  For those of you that do not have one where you live it is a huge buffet with any type of food you can dream of.  On the way in my brother and sister in law and their nieces were driving up so we all had lunch together.  It was a great day!  So today for the challenge is a ombre mani.  I chose to do brown because I haven't seen one in brown before.  So let's see what I came up with.



Mani Ingredients
Ombre Colors-China Glaze Call of the Wild & Mahogany Magic, OPI A-Taupe the Space Needle & My Vampire is Buff and Essie Case Study
Glitter top coat-Cosmetic Arts unnamed holographic glitter
Top coat-Seche Vite


I thought oh I will use browns because I have never seen a brown obmre...then I realized I had nothing to go in the middle of the lightest and darkest that worked in my head.  So I remember that I saw a YouTube video that showed how to use any colors and make it look like an ombre by adding some glitter on top.  You can view it here.  I was pleased at how great it worked!  I wanted to do some nail art on top but I couldn't stop looking at that beautiful glitter so I decided not to.

Have you ever seen a brown ombre??  Do you think a gradient and an ombre are two different things??  I think they are.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, requests and comments. Please take the time to let me know your thoughts!