Pages

Friday, July 26, 2013

Ariel Inspired Mani...

Hello everyone!!  I hope everyone is doing great!  Today is my Ariel inspired mani.  I do most of my mani's in advance.  I just got some wonderful nail mail and I had to put the colors to use.  I ordered four of the China Glaze Sunsational polishes because I could not find the ones I wanted anywhere.  I stalked Sally's for ever and they still do not have them.  Oh well I have the ones I wanted now.  I still kind of want the pink one (You Drive Me Coconuts) but not a necessity.  I felt I needed That's Shore Bright, Highlight of My Summer, Sun of a Peach and Too Yatch to Handle.  I love every single color in person!!  I have been wanting to try the mermaid mani!  I also had to use one of my new polishes.  Here is what I came up with...


Mani Ingredients
Base color-China Glaze That's Shore Bright
Gradient color-Barielle Wanna Samba?
Flaky polish-Color Club Snow-Flakes
Stamping polish-Petites Sand Dune
Stamping plate-Mash 39
Top coat-Seche Vite


I am please with how this mani came out.  The only thing I would change is to use a green base color instead of the purple.  I just wanted to match the colorfulness in the picture below.  I was a bit unimpressed by the Color Club polish.  I wanted it to give off bigger flakes in order to give a scaly effect.  Well it failed.  Still pretty but no where near what I wanted.  Oh well.  This Barielle is my first ones.  I bought a pack at Marshall's and I love it!  I can't wait to use it as a base color.  All of the polishes that came in the pack are duochromed.  They are beautiful.


Have you tried a mermaid mani??  What colors look best with it to you??  Thanks so much for stopping by!

2 comments:

I love feedback, requests and comments. Please take the time to let me know your thoughts!