Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Technique New to Me...

Hey everyone!!  I have my technique new to me mani for you today!  I have fell in love with this technique and am already planning to use it in the future to add some extra depth to my manis!  I used acrylic paints for the fan brush designs!  It made clean up easier.  Just a wash of my hands!  I need to work on making my bristles on the brush a bit more "fanned" out.  They clumped up a bit.  For my first time I think I did great!


Mani Ingredients
Base color-Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Wet Cement
Fan brush colors-Acrylic paint Bright Pink and Blueberry
Top coat-NYC Quick Dry Grand Central Station


I so wanted to add glitter or some type of cute stamp on the accent nail.  I was just so blown away at how easy it was to do this and how beautiful it turned out I couldn't bring my self to do anything to it.  I want to do another with these exact same colors but add in a China Glaze For Audrey type of color!  You may say that in the future.  I am so terrible at free hand anything so the fact that this turned out so great just made me so happy!  Lame huh??  Oh well! My stick figures look a mess...enough said about my terrible drawing abilities.  LOL!

Have you tried the fan brush technique??  Any tips that you can give me to keep me from clumping up the brush??  Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous and really well done for a first attempt! Love the colour combination too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I left this on for a full week! I loved this!!

      Delete
  2. So cute! I actually love how the colors are spaced out a little more than other fan brush nails I've seen. This is something I've been wanting to try.

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback, requests and comments. Please take the time to let me know your thoughts!