Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

Crumpet's February Amateur Nail Art Contest...

The theme of the month of February's Amateur Contest is "Love and Heartbreak".  It can be lovey dovey or anti-Valentine.  Of course since I LOVE Valentine's mani's I chose lovey dovey.  One secret I tend to keep is that I love gradients but I do them with acrylic paint most of the time.  It saves on clean up time and it gives it a much smother transition to me.  After that top coat dries just wash your hands and the water based acrylic paint comes right off!  The acrylic paint dries so fast!!  Give it a try and let me know how it works for you.

This is also the first time I even attempted to use magnetic polish.  Mine did not magnetize well until the last finger on my hand I did not even photograph.  I learned a few things I can do differently next time.  I do love the effect though.

Mani Ingredients
Gradient nails:  Sinful Colors Beverly Hills and Folk Art Acrylic Paint in Bright Pink
Accent nails:  Nabi Magnetic Silver and Nicole by OPI Step2 the Beat of Me
Stamping:  Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Presto Pewter
Glitter polish on gradient nails:  China Glaze Fairy Dust
Stamping plate:  Bundle Monster BM-317
Top Coat:  NYC Grand Central Station Quick Dry

I know I do not have many followers yet but I want to ask the few I have to please vote for me in this contest.  The link is here.  If you do vote for me thank you so much!  If not I still thank you for stopping by today!  Thanks again!

2 comments:

I love feedback, requests and comments. Please take the time to let me know your thoughts!